Friday, January 8, 2010

Anatomy of fire.

Today is another chilly day in Kansas! High of just above 10 degrees.

It started out very strangely in fact, just yesterday morning, my girlfriends mothers boyfriend of about 6 years, sadly had his house catch fire near 4 A.M. on an even colder morning than today. It has been determined that that cause of the fire was not a fireplace gone awry, or a stove, it was two laptops, sitting on top of one another while charging overnight. Apparently they overheated and the batteries blew up, sparking a stack of newspapers, and nearby drapes to catch ablaze.

The reason I bring up this story, is that my smoke alarm in my parents house went off bright and early at 8:40 A.M. and believe me folks, that's bright and early for me. All in all, It gave me quite a scare. So I rose out of my bed, which is right by the fire alarm, and opened the door, as I didn't smell any smoke, looked every which way for fire, and proceeded out the door, to run into my mom, with my 6 month old brother, having a panic attack. I decided that there was no danger of fire, just a bad battery in a fire alarm, I replaced it soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment